Thursday, April 3, 2014

El Vito- Mack Wilberg

Background: El Vito was arranged by Mack Wilberg, and is in Spanish. The lyrics are:

Con el vito, vito, vito
Con el vito, vito va.

No me mires tu chiquilla 
Que me voy a esmorona
No me mires to chiquilla 
Que me voy a desmaya.

Anda vete que no quiero 
Pasar por ti mas fatigas;
Si te digo que te vayas
Que mas quieres que te diga! 

The translation goes a little like this:

Do not look at me, little sweetheart,
Or I will fall in love.
Do not look at me, little sweetheart,
Or I will faint.

Leave me, for I do not want 
to pass through more pain. 
If I tell you to go
What more do you want me to say!

Progress on the song: This song is one I am very worried about. It is 24 pages long and yet it is done in under 3 minutes... That's a lot to spit out. Especially in Spanish. I can say most of the words since I have at least basic Spanish learned, but it's not the best. Counting this piece is extremely difficult due to the fast tempo. It's very easy to get lost. It is one of my most practiced songs and still one of my weakest. Learning this song is going to be a massive challenge...

 

2 comments:

  1. That seems like quite a task! Do you memorize the song or use a book? Either way, it would be very difficult. Update on how it's going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to have the whole thing memorized by May 8. They are doing part tests when I get there and I will probably get sent home if I don't get my part right. No pressure...

    ReplyDelete