Monday, February 10, 2014

Part I: Elements of Rhythm; 2-1

I was finally able to get past the first portion of Part I and get to the elements of rhythm. The beginning portion of the section is mostly review. It asked how many eighth notes where in a half note, how many half resets are in a whole rest, etc. That may not mean much to most people but it is pretty much musical math. 

The amount in each note or rest counts for a certain number of beats in a measure. The cool part about musical math is when it creates syncopation in the music. The off beat rhythms add so much to the music and creates a cool effect. It's half the fun of singing sometimes; trying to feel the off beat and interpreting it into the song. Music wouldn't be as fun if it was always on beat, you have to mix it up sometimes. 

2 comments:

  1. Reading rhythms from the music score is the hardest part for me. Have you mastered the ties yet? Ties are where I lose it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I'm pretty good at ties and what not. If you check out the website I posted that might help out. If not go ahead and contact me and I might be able to help

    ReplyDelete